The Challenge

Do something new every week- something that grows us, challenges us: spiritually, mentally, and physically.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dear Readers (or should I say Reader),

I cannot believe the first week is already over.  Last night, I frantically searched for what my first challenge should be, and because of my procrastination, my choices were slightly limited.  So, after a long night of asking friends and family, "What should I do?"  I finally decided that I should join the YMCA and begin my year-long (or should I say 10 month long) workouts today.  That is just what I did.  At.....this morning I made my trek to the Y and spent.....there, where I made friends with the elliptical trainer and asked myself multiple times "Why am I doing this?" intermixed with "I can't believe I'm doing this for a year."  But, I reminded myself of the commitment I made and  kept on trekking!  

I'm quite proud of myself because I really dislike working out.  Well not entirely, I dislike working out just by itself, but I love playing  sports.  Exercising via sports is a million times better than just exercising for exercising sake.  See when I am playing sports my thoughts are "I need to get that ball!" and "I need to stop that person!"  but all I am thinking of when I run is "Why am I doing this?" or "I can stop whenever I want."   I guess I am not always so great at self-discipline.  

Well, that was my challenge for the week and for the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment